Notice for Existing Subscribers
Before you use the new website and services, in order to see the changes and to make sure we have your latest contact details, we need you to reset your password.
If you no longer use the email address you previously registered with BirdGuides, please contact us to change it to a working address before attempting to reset your password: email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Change email address" and quoting both your old and new email addresses.
If you can receive emails sent to your currently registered BirdGuides address:
- Go to the password reset page and enter the email address that you previously registered with BirdGuides.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com that allows you to update your password.
- Once you have done this, you will receive a further email to log in and upgrade your account. For security reasons, you will also be asked to verify this. Once complete, you will be able to log in to your account.
What does this mean for existing subscribers?
If you haven't already received an email from us explaining what subscription package you will be moving to, please call us on 01778 392027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a loyal subscriber, we also want to make sure everything is as expected and there is no break in the service you receive. Therefore, we want to be clear about how the new site will affect your subscription.
All paid subscriptions will be honoured in full, until your existing expiry date, without further payment from you. However, there will be a transitional period between the old and new sites, and in order for us to make the relevant changes in our internal systems we may not transfer your subscription immediately, but it will happen on or before 31 August 2017. This does not mean that you will lose access in the meantime, however: we will automatically issue you with a free trial to our top-level Bird News Ultimate service until your subscription has been transferred. During this period you will see an orange "free trial" banner at the top of the screen, and your My Subscriptions page will not show a subscription. Once the transfer has occurred, the orange banner will disappear and your subscription will appear as expected (if this hasn't happened by the beginning of September, let us know).
As part of the relaunch, you will need to reset your Filters and Alerts. You will also need to uninstall the old (green icon) version of our smartphone app and download the new (white icon) version for your Android or iOS (Apple) device. This shouldn’t take many minutes to complete and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Email address not recognised: If you have previously used a different address with BirdGuides, please contact us to change this BEFORE resetting your password. To change it, email email@example.com using the subject line "Change email address" and quoting both your old and new email addresses.
- Existing subscription: Please rest assured that all existing paid subscriptions will be honoured in full. There will be a transitional period between the old and new sites, and in order for us to make the relevant changes in our database we will transfer your subscription on or before 31/08/2017. This does not mean that you will lose access: in the meantime, we will automatically issue you with a free trial to our top-level Bird News Ultimate service until your subscription has been transferred.
- Multiple email addresses: Moving forward you will only be able to use one email address within your BirdGuides account.
- Apps: Your old (green icon) apps will no longer work with our new service and can be uninstalled from your device. Please download the new Android app here or the new iOS app here (or search for "BirdGuides" in the relevant App Store).
- Password error: Please make sure you follow the password reset instructions and use the characters and format specified below the password box.
About the Relaunch
After a considerable amount of time and effort, we are extremely proud to be bringing you this new website with improved functions and great new features. If you spot anything that doesn’t seem to be working correctly, please let us know by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. All feedback is extremely valuable as this website has been designed specifically for birders like you, and we want to bring you the best birding news service that ticks all boxes.
What has changed?
- Great new mobile-friendly design
- Improved bird news fully integrated with Google Maps
- Redesigned galleries with bigger images and new video sharing
- Complete database of all the world’s bird species and families
- All the latest birding news, reviews and articles
- Browse your choice of IOC or Clements taxonomies
- Keep your favourite lists online
Please note: Bird News Ultimate Lite subscriptions does not include a free Birdwatch subscription. This level of subscription will only be available until renewal: after this point you will need to switch to either Bird News Pro or Bird News Ultimate.
If you previously signed up to our enewsletter but not to our services, you will also need to reset your password to continue receiving our weekly email.