Important Customer Information
To review the status of your subscription and expiry date, firstly please log out and log back in again. Once complete, please click here.
Subscription missing? If you previously subscribed to the old BirdGuides website and your subscription was due to be transferred, please check the steps below:
- Log out and log back in again
- Since we launched in July 2017, did you follow the account setup procedure? Please click here to double check.
Changing your subscription
If you are:
- A Birdwatch magazine subscriber looking to switch to Bird News Ultimate
- Bird News Pro or Ultimate Lite subscriber looking to switch to Bird News Ultimate
- Birdwatch and BirdGuides subscriber looking to merge two subscriptions
Our subscriptions department will be able to assist in finding the best solution for you and assist with merging and upgrading your account to one of our BirdGuides subscriptions packages.
Unfortunately, we are unable to process online as every case is different, we are working through as many of these cases as possible over the next few weeks. Should you wish to contact us directly to get this resolved, please click here to drop us an email. Alternatively, call our customer service team on 01778 392027. We aim to respond to all emails within 48 hours and our phone line is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm.
Before you use the new website and services and to receive our weekly newsletter, we need you to reset your password.
If you no longer use the email address you previously registered with BirdGuides, please contact us to change it to a working address before attempting to reset your password: Click here to email us
If you can receive emails sent to your currently registered BirdGuides address:
- Go to the password reset page and enter the email address that you previously registered with BirdGuides.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that allows you to update your password.
- Once you have done this, you will receive a further email to log in and upgrade your account. For security reasons, you will also be asked to verify this. Once complete, you will be able to log in to your account.
No longer receiving alerts / app not working
Please check here to ensure we have the correct information for you including your mobile number for text alerts.
You will also need to uninstall the old (green icon) version of our smartphone app and download the new (white icon) version for your Android or iOS (Apple) device. This shouldn’t take many minutes to complete and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Multiple email addresses: Moving forward you will only be able to use one email address within your BirdGuides account.
- Apps: Your old (green icon) apps will no longer work with our new service and can be uninstalled from your device. Please download the new Android app here or the new iOS app here (or search for "BirdGuides" in the relevant App Store).
- Password error: Please make sure you follow the password reset instructions and use the characters and format specified below the password box.