Britain's Reptiles and Amphibians
This detailed guide to the reptiles and amphibians of Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands has been produced with the aim of inspiring an increased level of interest in these exciting and fascinating animals. It is designed to help anyone who finds a lizard, snake, turtle, tortoise, terrapin, frog, toad or newt to identify it with confidence.
The book features:
- Stunning photography.
- An easy-to-use approach to identification.
- Superbly illustrated introductory sections on the biology and conservation, taxonomy, life-cycle and behaviour of each species group.
- Profiles of the 16 native reptiles and amphibians that breed in Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands and the 5 marine turtles that visit our seas.
- Profiles of 7 established non-native species and a summary of 8 more with a history of release/escape.
- Distribution maps based on the latest available information.
- Hints and tips on where, when and how to watch reptiles and amphibians.
Softback with plastic cover, 164pp, including 245 colour photos.