BirdGuides at the British Birdwatching Fair
For video reports from the Birdfair, click here.
The 2010 British Birdwatching Fair is being held at Egleton Nature Reserve, Rutland Water from Friday 20th August to Sunday 22nd August — see www.birdfair.org.uk for more details. If you come and visit the BirdGuides stand (Marquee 3, stands 14–16) you'll get the chance to:
- Get your hands on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and see the latest apps in action
- Get your copy of Birds of the Middle East, Advanced ID Guide or Tales of a Tabloid Twitcher signed
- See a demonstration of BWPi to see why it has been described as 'the ultimate birding resource'
- See any of BirdGuides' bird news services demonstrated, and find out which ones are right for you
- Enter our prize draw for your chance to win an iPod Touch (bring a business card or a note of your contact details).
- See demonstrations of any other BirdGuides products or services (DVDs, software, apps, etc.)
- Take advantage of other special Birdfair offers with discounts on certain products
- Come and talk to us to put faces to names. We'd love to hear what you think of what we do, even if (or especially if) you think it could be better.
- Be in our film of the fair!
Birdfair for everyone!
We know it can be difficult to get to Birdfair, especially if you live far away; so this year we're video-blogging the fair so you can get a taste of what Britain's biggest birding event is like. We've joined forces with acclaimed producer Richard Chambers, and you'll find some of us wandering around with a large camera trying to persuade the great, the good and the public to talk to us. The urbanbirder David Lindo is presenting — so if you spot us come and say hello. Barring serious technical troubles there will be a film to watch at the end of each day.
- We have a newly updated version of Breeding Birds of the Western Palearctic including over 1000 new photos.
- Sure to be popular with many holidaymakers: Birding Dordogne
- Apps. Lots of them. Come and see how they work.
- New Finding Birds in packs: Southern Cyprus, North Goa and Northern Spain
Richard Porter and Simon Aspinall will be signing copies of Birds of the Middle East at 11:30 on both Friday and Saturday.
Stuart Winter is signing copies of his great new book Tales of a Tabloid Twitcher at 14:00 on Saturday.
Nils van Duivendijk will be signing copies of the wonderful Advanced ID Guide at 15:00 on Saturday.